angezeigt 162 Mal, heruntergeladen 9 Mal
bei Glenmore, Scotland (United Kingdom)
This worked pretty well as a route. We had to modify due to bad weather but there were several options for this and so it was easy enough to change on the fly.
- It isn't possible to camp right on the top of Cairn Gorm. We camped on a flat bit half way up the mountain. Alternatively you could camp before climbing the 400m to the top. Or, you could camp once over the summit and you have dropped down a bit.
- The Hutchinson Memorial Hut was a great spot for lunch on day 2.
- The east end of the route is a bit less dramatic than the rest of the route and so, worried about having enough time for the final day, we cut directly south down Glen Derry which was scenic and easy walking.
- Camping options between Derry Lodge and Corrour Bothy were limited due to the heathery ground. Best options were at either end or about 1/2 way after crossing and awkward stream of boulders. (our choice)
- The Lairig Ghru made for a direct (if slightly tedious) emergency exit from the park.
- There were limited camping options at the more northerly end of the Lairig Ghru. A couple of spots at the Pools of Dee (slightly bleak). A spot near the river when the Lairig Ghru is crossed by the path coming off the ridge. A spot just as you enter the pine forest at the very north (under a big pine tree) Once you are into the forest things are pretty limited and you may end up walking back to the Pine Marten Lodge (as we did).